7/28: Grandma Barbara’s Greek Dinner w. Wine Pairings
Because there’s just nothing like Grandma’s home cooking… especially with our sommelier’s wine pairings!
A Wine-O Club x Cooking with Granny Collaboration
- 3 Course meal cooked by Grandma — with Greek wine and spirit pairings!!
- Learn about Greek wines and why each course is paired with its respective wine
- Try mastic honey, olive oil, halloumi and feta cheeses hand-delivered to us by My Olive Roots straight from Greece
- Savor Yiayia Barbara’s traditional Octopus Stew (it’s so homey you won’t find it at restaurants!)
- Try your hand at chopping octopus (we have the gloves, knives and scissors ready for you)
- Hear stories of Greek immigration and recipe adaptation in Astoria, Queens
- Meet cool, new foodies in a beautiful, sunny space right by Madison Avenue
- Interactive, Informative, Delicious
July 28th @ 6pm
New York: 8 East 36th St. 3rd Floor, Midtown District, NY
All attendees must be at least 21 years old.
“Back in Paros, there would be lines of octopus hanging out to dry. But here in Astoria, it’s not like that at all!”
Brave enough to handle the octopus? We got gloves, knives, and scissors for you to try it!
This octopus stew is so homey, you won’t even find it at restaurants. It’s only Yiayia Barbara’s generations-old family recipe hailing from the island of Paros.
Did we mention all the WINE? Specially paired for you by our sommelier!