12/1: Grandma Barbara’s Greek Dinner w. Wine Pairings
Because there’s just nothing like Grandma’s home cooking… especially with our sommelier’s wine pairings!
A Wine-O Club x Cooking with Granny Collaboration
- 3 Course meal cooked by Grandma — with Greek wine and spirit pairings!!
- Learn about Greek wines and why each course is paired with its respective wine
- Savor Yiayia Barbara’s traditional Octopus Stew (it’s so homey you won’t find it at restaurants!)
- Try your hand at chopping octopus (we have the gloves, knives and scissors ready for you)
- Hear stories of Greek immigration and recipe adaptation in Astoria, Queens
- Make new food- and wine-loving friends in a beautiful, sunny space right by Madison Avenue
- Interactive, Informative, Delicious
December 1st @ 6pm
79.00 Early Bird | 95.00 Regular
New York: 8 East 36th St. 3rd Floor, Midtown District, NY
All attendees must be at least 21 years old.
“Back in Paros, there would be lines of octopus hanging out to dry. But here in Astoria, it’s not like that at all!”
Brave enough to handle the octopus? We got gloves, knives, and scissors for you to try it!
This octopus stew is so homey, you won’t even find it at restaurants. It’s Yiayia Barbara’s generations-old family recipe hailing from the island of Paros.